“I don’t know what’s in the box, but I love it. Unopened gifts contain hope.”
~ Jarod Kintz
As our neurons sparkle with the anticipation of the holidays, many of us appreciate some gift ideas around this time of the year. Got a book lover on your list or need to indulge your Inner Writer? Look no further than our Book Lover Gift Guide from Bookphoria. Get your Santa bag ready…
1. Flip a book! We love these fast flip books from Japanese company Mou Hitotsu no Kenkyujo. Dive deep into three dimensional space with their artful animation through cut-outs and negative space that create movement. You can read more about fast flip books here.
[Gifs via Travelry]
2. Color yourself happy! Coloring is not just for children, grown-ups can color too. Did you know that coloring helps adults combat stress? What a better way to do it than with humor? With over 200 comedy videos and 75 million YouTube views to their credit, Ryan Hunter and Taige Jensen know how to make people laugh. These masters of offbeat Internet humor hilariously combine the mindless fun of children’s coloring books with the mind-numbing realities of modern adult life in their book “Coloring for Grown-Ups: The Adult Activity Book.”
3. Learn a fake language for brain health and fun! Living Language started offering courses of Dothraki, fictional language from Game of Thrones. Now, Game of Thrones lovers can boast their new language skills at holiday parties. And if you are not a Game of Thrones fan and couldn’t tell Mother of Dragons from Red Priestess before, you will understand even less now.
English: “Have fun storming the castle!”
Dothraki: “Anha zalak meme vallayafa yera, jin athvashar okrenegwini!”
4. Have kids, will cook…real recipes from Roald Dahl’s beloved children’s books. Would you like to try WILLY WONKA’S NUTTY CRUNCH SURPRISE? Pair it with Dinah Fried’s “Fictitious Dishes: An Album of Literature’s Most Memorable Meals” for grown-ups to enjoy.
5. Eat like royals from Goldbook square china dinner plates! This exquisite book-shaped dish set is wonderful for hosting a book club.
6. We have a perfect cup of tea to go with your book! A Novel Teas box contains 25 teabags individually tagged with literary quotes from the world over, made with the finest English Breakfast tea: “Spend teatime with CS Lewis, Rita Mae Brown, Alice Hoffman, and more as they share their thoughts on the delights and comforts of tea and books on each individually printed tea tag.” Serve it in this cute one-cup book teapot.
7. Why do old books smell so good? Science has the answer. Old books have a sweet smell with notes of vanilla flowers and almonds, caused by the breakdown of chemical compounds in the paper. Now, you don’t have to go to the library to enjoy the smell of old books. Get this Old Books – Book Lovers’ Scented Soy Candle instead. From the product description: “Ideal for bibliophiles of all sorts. The scent is a sweet and floral earthy smell with a hint of must. (Not mildewy, rotten old books!)”
8. Bring an old-book feel to your hi-tech world. Books, coffee and iPhones unite in this Vintage Book and Coffee iPhone Case.
9. Become a neighborhood library builder. You may have seen them around – Little Free Libraries where people share their favorite books with their community. Take a book, return a book. They are artfully constructed by their creators and carefully curated by the community. What a beautiful gift that keeps giving to your neighborhood. Learn how to become a library builder at http://littlefreelibrary.org/builders/.
Since our Bookphoria team can turn just about anything into a learning opportunity, we believe that authors, experts and speakers can learn even form a gift guide. Here is how you can be a good Santa too.
10. Do you have boxes full of your books waiting to be gifted or sold? Build a book tree from your books in your office and offer your books as gifts to your clients. Advertise your book tree on social media!
What other physical artifacts can you create based on your expertise that can help you tell the story of your brand and share it with the world? Post your ideas in the comments below or send them to email@example.com. You may even get a surprise gift from Bookphoria!
And above all, don’t forget to smile! Happy holidays!
P.S. To make your holidays even more “sane,” download the “Ultimate Online Tech Toolbox” that will help you minimize your stress while dealing with technology this season!